What Would You Do with an Extra Hour Every Day?
Someone recently told me that for every one email written, 1.75 emails are generated. That pretty much guarantees that no matter how much of an Inbox Ninja we try to be, we may never reach the coveted Inbox Zero for more than a millisecond at a time. Not to be deterred, let’s go for some sanity at least! I’m determined to help you gain back an hour a day by slicing through your mounds of emails, and setting a great example for your colleagues as an efficient communicator. Here are some of my favorite tips, tricks and guides for simplifying your eLife:
- This 5- minute slide deck changed my life. I prefer to call it, “Four folders to filing freedom” http://www.slideshare.net/mbreyno/inbox-zero-slideshow-abridged
- 10 steps to Become an Email Ninja: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2008/01/09/10-steps-to-become-an-email-ninja/
- Simplify your inbox: http://richlyrooted.com/2014/01/simplify-your-email-inbox.html
EMAIL BEST PRACTICES
If it’s true that for every 1 email we send, 1.75 emails are generated, here are ways to stop the madness:
- Email Etiquette for the Super-Busy: http://99u.com/articles/6975/email-etiquette-for-the-super-busy
- 5 Tips for E-mailing Busy People: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2008/05/19/5-tips-for-e-mailing-busy-people/
- Writing Effective Emails: https://www.mindtools.com/CommSkll/EmailCommunication.htm
GENERAL COMMUNICATION BEST PRACTICES
- Team communication: https://enplug.com/blog/16-internal-communications-best-practices-for-2016
- Organizing your content
- BOX: Using Box Like a Boss: http://boxuniversity.litmos.com/online-courses
Please share comments with your ideas for saving time and energy.
During two decades of leading teams toward extraordinary results in health care, pharmaceutical, arts & cultural, university and military organizations, I’ve always been inspired by the stories of others who have achieved uncommon results through perseverence, positivity and prying opportunity from challenge. Let’s change the world together!