Sometimes a book can change your life. The Four Agreements, by Don miguel Ruiz changed mine.
This international bestseller takes less than an hour read, and provides a simple (not easy) roadmap for releasing long patterns of self-judgment, worry, and self-limiting beliefs.
The Four Agreements are:
- Be Impeccable With Your Word.
- Don’t Take Anything Personally.
- Don’t Make Assumptions.
- Always Do Your Best.
A few thoughts:
- A chat with a friend today reminded me of Agreement #2, Don’t Take Anything Personally. This compartmentalization work is more than just prioritizing tasks or things to address. It includes working to own “what’s mine” and divesting what’s not. Here’s a snippet on the second agreement: https://www.thefouragreements.com/the-second-agreement-dont-take-anything-personally/
- Ruiz has a helpful 10-Lesson video that walks through the four agreements: https://www.thefouragreements.com/the-four-agreements-lessons-1-10-full-video-from-the-online-course/
- This site, “The Four Agreements: For a better life” is chock-full of examples to apply the four agreements. https://www.thefouragreements.com/
- Here’s a book summary to see if you are interested in reading the book: https://medium.com/10-bullets-100-words-book-summary/10-bullets-100-words-book-summary-the-four-agreements-by-don-miguel-ruiz-1b62f2aa547d