“All at once vs. Piecemeal: How shall we deliver training?”
Help me answer a question, Dear Reader…
- Should all modules be delivered/presented in one fell swoop?
- Should we roll out training components on a basic-intermediate-advanced continuum?
Share your thoughts!
Below are a few references that may be useful:
- How Information overload can ruin a training experience and reduce training effectiveness:
- Kirkpatrick, D. L. (comp.) (1998.) Another Look at Evaluating Training Programs, ASTD, Alexandria, USA.
- Article about avoiding “information overload” in adult learning: http://trainingpd.suite101.com/article.cfm/socializing__content_and_coaching
- Article that reviews the merits of “intensive teaching formats”: http://www.iier.org.au/iier16/davies.html
- Learning Information Management journal article on Learning in a world with too much Information: http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FLIM%2FLIM8_01%2FS147266960800008Xa.pdf&code=5ec224c3816e3f5cd36eebf438633b36